The library may be closed, but Miss Kate is still here!
Check out our Facebook and Instagram for regular updates! And if you haven’t already, now is a great time to sign up for Miss Kate’s Updates to get a heads-up on what’s happening in the (virtual) children’s room!
MONDAYS & WEDNESDAYS: Digital storytime! Miss Kate reads two books and sings a song.
TUESDAYS: Arts & Crafts or Wacky Science! Get step-by-step instructions on crafts to make and experiments to try from home.
THURSDAYS: Check out “Miss Kate Recommends” for Miss Kate’s favorite picture books, chapter books, young adult books, and more – all available free with your library card online.
FRIDAYS: Miss Kate’s Book Talks give you a closer look at a novel for older kids or teens, including a reading from the book and the reasons Miss Kate loves it.
Don’t forget to vote in March Children’s Book Madness! (Which, yes, will extend beyond the month of March.)
During this difficult time, we encourage you to:
- Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, concerns, or if you need help with your library account.
- Sign up for emails to stay in touch.
- See how we’re handling the crisis and find more resources on COVID-19.
- Sign up for a library card if you don’t have one – we will contact you to confirm your interest, and you’ll be able to borrow eBooks, digital audiobooks, magazines, music, and movies online.
- Sign up for All Things Digital for recommendations of books (and more) to keep you occupied while the stay-at-home-order is in effect.
- Check out BCCLS Resources to Pass the Pandemic (for kids and adults!).
- As always, look us up on Facebook and Instagram for library updates, useful info, digital storytime, reading & watching recommendations, and more.